Okay, I'm going to be completely honest here.... All day yesterday I was trying to remember what I was supposed to talk about today. There was some great idea I had, I know it. I remember while writing Monday's post I had a plan for today. It was there, until....It wasn't. So, that was great.
I have attempted quite a few things whilst holding a book in one hand. Too bad people can't move their eyes individually, then I could have one eye on the book and one on what I'm doing. That would be awesome. It would also look pretty creepy. Anyway I am going to attempt to remember some things I've done while reading.
1. Eating: Is it even worth the effort to eat something if you don't have something to read? I mean really, it seems like a waste of time and energy.
2. Cooking: I may have...burned a few things while attempting this...
3. Talking: Yes, this is the really bad one, I have read before while carrying on a conversation with someone - [do not try this at home] side affects may contain: having no idea what you're talking about, not hearing everything the other person is saying which results in guessing, and/or mind blanking out.
4. Walking: Anywhere, I don't care, down the hall, outside, as long as I've got a book open in my hand, I'm good. (I've totally neeeever ran into anything while attempting this).
5. Chores: I'm pretty sure I've read while cleaning and doing my chores. You know what I've discovered? It makes the work last longer, but oh well right? 'cause reading's more important! I think I even tried to sweep once while reading....Don't think that ended well....
6. Here's a strange one... I've read while brushing my hair. This consists of me very talentedly propping the book up somewhere so it's pages are held open to where I can read without holding the book. I'm still dreaming of something in the future that will hold your book for you and flip the pages when you need them flipped, basically something that acts as your hands without you having to use your hands - just THINK of the possibilities! All the things that could be done while reading!
Have you ever done any of these?
What other things have you done while reading?
Also, you are trapped here until you leave a post suggestion for me - my dragon's orders.
A daughter of the KING, an ambassador of Truth, a soldier of the Cross.